Conclusion thesis: the final point of your degree thesis!
Writing the thesis conclusion in your paper is the last step of your degree thesis. You cannot say that you have finished writing your thesis if you have not drawn up the thesis. Like the introduction, even the final pages must contain the meaning of the whole work. It is extremely important for those who read your thesis. So … don’t underestimate the importance of the thesis conclusion!
It is advisable to begin the conclusions of the thesis taking up what was the initial objective of your work. Remember that the reader has read pages and pages of studies, analyzes, research, hypotheses. Results processing and advanced solutions. If you have done a good job, the reader has not lost the thread of his speech. But, if you have been rather detailed and long in the exposition and argument, you may have lost sight of your goal. Well, then, refresh your memory!
The thesis conclusion must be considered in relation to the introduction; in it we must give justification and demonstration of the positions taken. Introduction and Conclusion are similar, the only difference is that in the Conclusion you have to reveal “where the treasure is”. That is, to pull the strings of reasoning, while in the Introduction you can limit yourself to exposing the terms of the problem, without saying “how it ends”.
How to write the thesis conclusion
To know how to write the thesis conclusion, it is important to see what kind of thesis you have developed. If it is a research thesis (experimental), which has provided an empirical research, in the conclusions a summary of the results to be obtained must be reported. We do not need to put them all back as they have been extensively studied in the chapters. It will be appropriate to select and highlight the most important results and to discuss them. It is also possible to provide an overall interpretation of the results and brief comparisons with other similar studies or quotations. I recommend, short and concise! Don’t go too far.
In the case of a descriptive or “compiling” thesis, in which theoretical concepts must be presented, it will be necessary to insert a schematic summary in the final thesis. Highlight the important points, food for thought and any problems that have emerged. Give a touch of personality as you illustrate the conclusions and solutions you have reached. Also, relate your thinking to the solutions that have emerged.
Once the thesis is finished, I challenge anyone to answer every single question that emerged during the work. There will be questions that will arise and to which, for the time available or not to dwell and get out of the established schemes, you have not investigated. To show, however, how much you care about the completeness of the work, in the thesis conclusion you can put the topics you would have liked to pay more attention to than the in-depth ones. You can also enter them in the form of a bulleted list. You can write, for example, how important it is for you, even in the future, the practical application of what you have written.
Conclusion thesis: some errors to avoid
Below you will find some errors that will be better not done, especially at the end of your work!
– Avoid proposing a simple summary of the thesis. Fundamental advice: before writing the conclusions, set aside the thesis for a few days. Think of something else, now it’s granted to you. After a few days, write the thesis conclusion. This will allow you to free your mind and write conclusions that will remain etched in mind and not a simple summary.
– Avoid repeating the titles of the chapters or the topics covered again, because they have already been listed in the initial part of the work. At the beginning we said that the conclusions go hand in hand with the introduction. But this does not mean that it must be a repetition. Remember that the reader has sip pages and pages of your thesis. The thesis conclusion should remain with the reader, so that he will remember what you talked about and what arguments you put into question. So repeating titles and topics again would only give the impression of wanting to lengthen the content because you don’t know what to write.
– Avoid comments or self-assessments on your work. At the center of attention must remain the results, the insights that your thesis proposes and the different interpretation of the phenomenon or theme covered by the thesis.
– There is no precise rule on length. What we advise is to dedicate at least a couple of pages to the thesis conclusion. This always depends on the thesis you have proposed and the number of results that have emerged.
We guide you step by step:
If you are preparing your bachelor’s thesis and, rightly, you don’t know where to put your hand … don’t worry! In each article you will find suggestions, curiosities and mistakes to avoid for each section of your thesis. Read our articles and get to work!
What are you waiting for?
– First step: Choose the topic of the thesis
– Stilare Degree thesis index
– Write the thesis introduction.
– Write theses Acknowledgments: find out how and where to write them.
– Implementing thesis layout: how to best achieve it
Good luck with your degree! Are you ready to enter the world of work?
Tutored is the social platform for university students and young graduates with which to better manage their academic and professional career: indicate your study path and interact with students of your own address, create your professional profile and apply to internship proposals, entry level and graduate program. Get in tutored!